Google, A leading search engine that we use every day to search content on internet. There is no doubt that Google is leading most powerful engine, which use ranking algorithm. Larry Page changes the definition of search after implementing Google search engine. Now world is become smaller and smaller. With the help of just one click, you can access anything in the world. Google is not only use for search there are many stuff, which you can use, in day-to-day life. Here I will discuss Hidden facts about Google, which you have not ever heard about it.
1) Blackle is a website motorized by Google Custom Search and created by Heap Media. The goal of this website is save energy by displaying a black background and using grayish-white font color for search results. Blackle claims having saved over 4 MWh of electrical energy up to November 2013. Blackle website saving energy from January 2007.
2) Forestle search engine helps to save the rain forest and aims to reduce CO2 emissions. Google has ended its partnership with “green” search engine Forestle, saying that the site offered, “Incentives to click artificially on sponsored links.” Details about the conflict between Google and Forestle are debated. Forestle green search engine is now associated with Yahoo.
3) Google is the only Search engine, which provide backward search. I know you cannot believe .Google written backwards is elgooG, but did you know you could search backwards too at http://elgoog.im.
4) Google’s first ever Tweet in February 2009 read: “I’m 01100110 01100101 01100101 01101100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101100 01110101 01100011 01101011 01111001 00001010.” For those who do not know binary, it reads: “I’m feeling lucky.”
5) The first Google Doodle was in honor of the Burning Man Festival (weeklong annual event held in northern Nevada, in the United States) of 1998 which was design by Larry Page and Sergey.
6) Google is originating from misspelling of the word “googol” one followed by one hundred zeros which means search engine was planned to provide large number of information.
7) The search engine giant Google’s first snack food ordered in headquarter was “Swedish Fish candy” in 1999. It is not actually fish it just sweets. Google is infamous in the industry for treating its employees to not just free drinks and snacks on tap, but full-on gourmet meals, three times a day at several on-site cafes and eateries.
8) Google Inc.’s first employee was Craig Silverstein, a fellow computer science graduate student at Stanford. He was hired September 1998. Silverstein joined the company as a PhD student at Stanford, when founders Larry Page and Sergei Brin were still running the company out of a garage.
9) Google’s habit of April Fool’s jokes began in April 2000 when Google announced the “MentalPlex”. It is search technology that supposedly read the user’s mind, which determine what the user wanted to search for so Google eliminate the steps for typing query.
10) The major reason the Google home page is so bare is due to the fact that the Larry page didn’t know HTML and just wanted a quick interface. Therefore, there is not any interfacing clearly shown in the following picture. It was original page of Google Search Engine.