TATA Ready to Fly After 60 years with Vistara

vistara1Tata Group is all set to start its full-service Vistara airline on 9 January 2015 once again almost after 60 years since the government of  India nationalized their airline business. As per the airline they will start accepting ticket bookings from Thursday owward with it’s first flight service from Mumbai to Ahemedabad and will later expand its routes. 

The name Vistara derives its name from the Sanskrit word Vistaar that means limitless expanse and thus corresponds to limitless sky.With its headquartered in New Delhi, Vistara will begin operations with its fleet of brand new Airbus A 320-200s with 148 seats. The aircraft will have a three classes with 16 business class seats, 36 premium economy class seats and remaining economy class. There will also be a frequent flyer programme—Club Vistara—based on money spent by passengers, not on miles.

Vistara2

It is important to note that TATA SIA Airlines Ltd, known as Vistara, is a joint venture between Tata Sons Ltd and Singapore Airlines with Tata Sons holding the majority stake of 51% in the company and SIA holding the remaining 49%. TCS, Wipro and Amadeus are the technology partners of Vistaara.

Amisha Singh (127 Posts)

Avid Blogger, Digital Marketing Enthusiast, Entrepreneur, Product & Project Strategist, Nature Lover, Foodie.