Crack PMP in 21 Days!
PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to lead and direct projects. There are currently 618,933 active PMP certified individuals and 272 chartered chapters across 104 countries worldwide [As On 7th Dec 2014].
As the exam requires extensive knowledge of different project management concepts, candidates need to study for months apart from having relevant project management experience. At beginning the preparation looks like a gigantic task, mostly because people can not find an efficient study plan. Once you get the formula of “How to Crack the Exam”, your study becomes simple. When I say simple it doesn’t mean you won’t have to study, you still need to study all relevant topics but your confidence level will go up as you can check your preparation on a regular basis.
Let’s see how you can derive your study plan and crack PMP in 21 days.
- Register for a 4 day PMP training program OR get online training that provides 35 PDUs
- Become a PMI Member
- Purchase either Rita Mulcahy, Head First or any other PMP Preparation book (recommended by a friend who has recently cleared PMP)
Day 1 – Day 4
- Attend PMP training program or get online training equivalent to 35 PDUs
- Prepare a Study Plan, take a print out of this plan and stick it to your study room
Study plan could be simply a tabular plan where you mention date in first column, your study goals for that day in second column, your achievement of that particular day in third column and any comments in fourth column. I would suggest to make page wise completion of the book [PMBOK / Rita Mulcahy / Head First] as your goal for twelve days (Day 5 to Day 16)
Day 5 – Day 16
- Follow your study plan and complete your preferred Book
Day 17 – Day 18
- Complete chapter wise tests / exams and check all your wrong answers. Spend time to understand why you answered them wrong.
Day 19 – Day 20
- Give minimum 4 mock tests [with full 200 questions]
- Check for wrong answers and their justification after completing every mock test
- Your target should be to achieve 75%+ in last two mock tests
- If you are not getting 75%+, do not sit for PMP exam on day 21
- Crack your PMP exam and throw a party!
This study plan is tried and tested with people from experience range of 5 years to 20 years and it has worked for everyone. Follow it religiously and it will work for you as well. Wishing you all the best for your PMP exam.